Monday, February 8, 2010

NEWS UPDATE!!! UPDATE! Update! Update. update...

Ok, so this next post is a little sooner than I thought.

It's mostly just to say that: Yes, for those of you that don't run some sort of adblocking software/plug-in, I will be having ads (all none of you), although it's just Google Ad Sense, or Ad Words, or whatever the hell the default is on BlogSpot.

I will say, I have no dreams of striking it rich, or even receiving more than maybe one cheque ever (spelt the proper way) from Google, being that for them to cut you one requires $150 worth of credit, something I don't envisige happening for a long time.

This was mostly started since my previous website at GeoCities (I'd link it, but Yahoo shut them all down) was a little spot for me to express... stuff. Not sure what, but I could rant. The only problem was I rolled the whole site myself, and while it very basic HTML it was still something a little more than just typing normal sentences in a text box (as seen in the picture below {If I can get a picture to appear below}), which was just a little too much effort for my lazy, lazy self (unless I had some sort of burst of energy).

So by having this easily updatable blog, with most of the design and stuff done for me, I might actually update on a regular basis, and by projecting from the outset that I'll have weekly updates, I've set the bar lower for myself so I don't get demotivated, and each post will be at least a couple sentences or (if you're lucky!) something this long, and I can still feel like I'm living up to the standard I set myself.

What was I talking about?

Oh, right! Ads!

Yes, they're there. Click on them if you want, or don't. I don't care either way. It was easy to set up (once the page loaded in IE, didn't want to work in Firefox for some reasonm) and they're placed automatically. No work for me = done!

Anyway, that's enough for now! I'm just going to quicky check if I can't insert pictures into posts, and if I can't (quickly figure it out, that is), then I'll just upload it to my Flickr account and put a hyperlink.

Bye!

PS and here is... picture!




















Awesome, this really is easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment