Saturday, February 27, 2010

Review Guidelines

Before my first review I figured I better think of some sort of rating if I'm actually going to do 'reviews' (and I plan to do more).

I'm going to go with a simple three point scale, asking the question "Do I recommend this game?":

YES - It's good/great!
MAYBE - It's alright/goodish
NO - Pure crap/barely alright

Also adding in a + and - modifier (what is this, D&D???). This doesn't mean it's a nine point scale, but it's just to give little tweaks to each category:

YES+ is really really great!
YES- is just good.

I'm going to (try to) wait until I've finished a game or until I'm a fair chunk through it (for longer games) to counter any release day hype. I will also do games I've finished ages ago (bringing light to old classics, or merely something to put up here!) or for ones that don't end, such as rhythm games, I'll just do it whenever I feel I've played it enought. Also, ones I've given up on may get a review (they'll usually get a NO- rating).

So, to summarise the previous sentence, I'll do a review when I've felt I've covered enought of the game to have an opinion!

EDIT: I'll give a general outline of the story (if there is one), and I'll try my hardest not to give out any serious spoilers, but there may be some minor ones that I don't think really matter (ZOMG Bowser kidnapped the Pricess!!!~!). But for those of you who like to 'go blind', you have been warned.

Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment