Friday, May 14, 2010

The Daily Funny - 14th May 2010

Tech Support

I was working for a computer company about 4 years ago, when I got a call from a woman with a printer problem.

Woman: My printer won't print anything.
Me: (After verifying that it was turned on and plugged in correctly) Let's try to print something.
Woman: O.K. I'll try to print, but I've been doing this for an hour.
Me: What are you printing from?
Woman: Windows Write. SEE! It's doing it again.
Me: What's it doing?
Woman: It won't print. It just cancels the job.
Me: O.K. Click print again, and tell me exactly what you see on the screen.
Woman: It says 'now printing page 1' and the only thing I can do is hit 'cancel'!
Me: O.K. Hold on... What does it say at the top of the window?
Woman: 'File', 'Edit'... OOOH!!!! IT'S PRINTING!!! What did we do??
Me: We didn't hit the 'CANCEL' button this time!!

Needless to say, she was QUITE embarassed!

Thanks to: Dan DeLuca

 

From www.TechTales.com July 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment