Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Daily Funny - 7th May 2010 (4)

Trust No One!

This is a long one

It was about 10 minutes after closing time and I was getting ready to leave the computer store in which I had been working as a part-time computer saleswoman/tech support since November 15 (it was now December 20, 1997). The things you do to get more money to buy useless Christmas presents!

The phone rang. I should have just kept walking out of the store but I answered.

ME) Hello this is (my name) speaking, the store is currently closed but if you want to leave a message..

CU) I don't *@#%^ care that the store is closed. I bought this *@#%^!*$# printer from you guys and it doesn't work and I need to print a *@#%^!*$# important document tonight!

(Definitely in a bad mood, so I will cut the *@#%^!*$# from the conversation)

ME) What is wrong with your printer?

CU) It doesn't print! That is what is wrong with it!

ME) Are all cables plugged in?

CU) Yes, YES!

ME) Is the printer's power on?

CU) Of course it is on!

ME) I am to assume that you followed all the instructions in the manual, right?

CU) Manual? I am not an idiot. I don't need to read a manual to install a printer. Anyway, why am I talking to you? I want to talk to a tech support guy.

ME) I am the tech support sir!

CU) No you are not!

ME) Yes I am!

CU) You are a woman!

ME) Yes, that too.

CU) I want to talk to somebody who knows about computers.

ME) I know about computers! ( I have been working with and on computers for a long time know, not to mention that during the week I am a software engineer ).

CU) Get off the phone and let me talk to a man!

I should have hung up.

ME) Sir, the store is closed and I am the only tech support person here.

CU) You are a woman!

The conversation was going nowhere and my shoes where hurting, I wanted to go home. I turned around and saw Brian (name changed for privacy). Our cleaning person!

ME) Hold on sir! I thing I can get a man on the phone.

I called Brian and convinced him to help me with this bigot.

BRIAN) Hello sir, my name is Brian, what can I do for you

Note that at this point the bigot is no longer swearing.

CU) My printer doesn't work Brian.

ME) Ask him if he has installed the drivers that came with the printer

BRIAN) Have you installed the drivers that came with the printer?

CU) No drivers came with the printer.

BRIAN) No drivers came with the printer.

ME) Hmm.

BRIAN) Hmm.

ME) Ask what model of printer he has.

BRIAN) What is you printer's model sir?

CU) I don't know. And I don't care what the model is, I want to make this thing work! (Frustrated)

BRIAN) He doesn't know, he wants to make his printer work.

ME) Ask him his name and the name of the salesperson that helped him in choosing the printer.

BRIAN) Sir what is your name?

CU) Bob Smith (name changed for privacy)

BRIAN) Bob Smith

ME) Ok. (As I typed his name in our record database to check his most recent purchase)

BRIAN) Sir, do you remember the name of the salesperson who helped you with your purchase?

CU) I didn't have a salesperson help me. I knew what I wanted and I paid for it at the customer's desk. I don't trust salesperson!

BRIAN) Nobody helped him. He got the printer by himself.

ME) Great!

BRIAN) Grea..!

ME) Brian, tell him that there is nothing he can do tonight. (As I looked at the database)

BRIAN) Sir, there is nothing you can do tonight. May I suggest for you to come tomorrow?!

CU) Why?

BRIAN) Why?

ME) Because what he purchased is not a printer... It is a fax machine. And to be used by a phone. Not a computer.

BRIAN) Sir.....

Thanks to: Anonymous Tech Supporter

 

From www.TechTales.com November 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment